Ta-Dah! It took me from 6:00 in the morning to 7:00 at night, but I did it! I put Clementine up for adoption. You can see her page HERE.
It was tricky taking photos on a cloudy, rainy day, but I did my best. Even with the best of weather, my photography skills are not great! In fact, it’s all I can do not to accidentally call it photography to this day, as in FOE-toe-graff-ee, with emphasis on the first syllable. Does anybody else do that? Oh. I see. Just me, then.
And, please! Next time I decide get a doll ready in a short period of time, you have my permission to thump me if I also decide to make a super tricky jacket! A tricky jacket that no one will be able to tell from the less-than-stellar-photos. Only the person who adopts Clementine will ever see all the detail! Top stitching and patch pockets and seams galore…But it’s what she wanted when she saw that fabric that I just purchased along with that bin of buttons at the recent farm sale. I also purchased her dress fabric there.
Clementine’s reversible pinafore is lined with fabric from undergarments from the 1920’s! I have no idea where I got this lot of old “undies,” we shall call them, but they came from various decades and some of them scream “Flapper!”. It was worn, else I wouldn’t have cut it up. Clementine was thankful.
I shall also straighten up my sewing room, which looketh like a bomb hath gone off. Ahem.